The WCC’s males’s basketball event begins Friday in Las Vegas. The highest-seeded Gonzaga Bulldogs are liked to win their 6th WCC event name in a row, and their most sensible festival is as soon as once more the Saint Mary’s Gaels. The ones groups in combination have gained the final 9 convention championships, and it’s not likely that extend results in 2018.
Assuming the winner is Gonzaga or Saint Mary’s, the event isn’t that large of a deal, past the purpose that profitable a convention event is all the time essential. The Zags have successfully locked up an NCAA Event bid, their twentieth in a row and nineteenth underneath Mark Few. The Gaels are virtually without a doubt in, too. If any person pulls off an dissatisfied and Gonzaga or Saint Mary’s doesn’t win, the WCC has a just right shot to turn out to be a 3-bid league, as bizarre as that’d be for a convention of its stature.
For Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s, profitable the event is set seeding. The Zags shouldn’t do worse than a No. four seed in the event that they win, and Saint Mary’s may just transfer up from the eight-10 vary by way of mounting a run and knocking off the league’s marquee group.
It’s a unmarried-removal, impartial-web site event. Each and every recreation occurs at Vegas’ Orleans area. Everybody within the 10-group league makes the event, and the highest six seeds get a bye into the quarterfinals. The ground 4 cut up up into to first-spherical video games, with the winners becoming a member of the remainder of the league for quarters on Saturday.
The bracket and time table
The whole bracket is right here, with a day by day time table to be up to date. At the WCC’s reputable bracket, occasions are Pacific, with complete TV knowledge incorporated. A few of the event’s video games are on an ESPN community and may also be streamed on-line at WatchESPN.
And the time table, with all occasions Japanese:
First spherical: Friday, March 2
- Recreation 1: No. eight Loyola Marymount seventy eight, No. nine Portland seventy two
- Recreation 2: No. 10 Pepperdine eighty five, No. 7 Santa Clara sixty nine
Quarterfinals: Saturday, March three
- Recreation three: No. three BYU eighty five, No. 6 San Diego seventy nine
- Recreation four: No. four San Francisco seventy one vs. No. five Pacific 70
- Recreation five: No. 1 Gonzaga eighty three vs. No. eight Loyola Marymount sixty nine
- Recreation 6: No. 2 Saint Mary’s sixty nine vs. No. 10 Pepperdine sixty six, 12 a.m. Sunday
Semifinals: Monday, March five
- No. 1 Gonzaga 88, No. four San Francisco 60
- No. three BYU eighty five, No. 2 Saint Mary’s seventy two
Championship: Tuesday, March 6
- No. 1 Gonzaga vs. No. three BYU, nine p.m. on ESPN