There have been absolute locks in this yr’s Corridor of Popularity poll…Chipper Jones and Jim Thome.
Upload to that, Trevor Hoffman and Vladimir Guerrero lacking through a mixed 20 votes a yr in the past and we already knew baseball’s Corridor of Status Elegance of 2018 had the risk of being greater than stacked.
So…how did all of it shake out? With ninety seven.2% of the vote, the Atlanta Braves celebrity turned into simply the second one first general pick out (Ken Griffey Jr. is the opposite) to be ushered in the course of the doorways in Cooperstown. Becoming a member of him are fellow sluggers Guerrero (ninety two.nine%), an established member of the Montreal Expos and Thome (89.eight%) and his 612 house runs. Hoffman who narrowly ignored the minimize least season after falling 5 votes shy, rounds out the category of 4 with seventy nine.9x%
Making massive strides in this yr’s poll have been Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina. The distinct hitter extraordinaire simply overlooked induction with 70.four% of the vote…up from ultimate yr’s fifty eight.6%. In his 5th yr at the poll, Mussina jumped from fifty one.eight% to sixty three.five%.
Becoming a member of the 4 new inductees on July 29 on the Clark Sports activities Middle… Up to date Baseball Generation inductees Jack Morris and Alan Trammell, Ford C. Frick Award winner Bob Costas and The J.G. Taylor Spink Award recipient Sheldon Ocker.
Right here’s the breakdown some of the most sensible vote getters.
- Chipper Jones (ninety seven.2%, first time at the poll)
- Vladimir Guerrero (ninety two.nine%, seventy one.7% remaining yr)
- Jim Thome (89.eight%, first time on poll)
- Trevor Hoffman (seventy nine.nine%, seventy four.zero% final yr)
- Edgar Martinez (70.four%, fifty eight.6%)
- Mike Mussina (sixty three.five%, fifty one.eight%)
- Roger Clemens (fifty seven.three%, fifty four.1%)
- Barry Bonds (fifty six.four%, fifty three.eight%)
- Curt Schilling (fifty one.2%, forty five.zero%)
- Omar Vizquel (37.zero%, first time on poll)
- Larry Walker (34.1%, 21.nine%)
- Fred McGriff (23.2%, 21.7%)
- Manny Ramirez (22.zero%, 23.eight%)
- Jeff Kent (14.five%, sixteen.7%)
- Gary Sheffield (eleven.1%, thirteen.three%)
- Billy Wagner (eleven.1%, 10.2%)
- Scott Rolen (10.2%, first time on poll)
- Sammy Sosa (7.eight%, eight.6%)
- Andruw Jones (7.three%, first time on poll)
To peer how exact numbers stacked up towards the so much hyped 2018 BBHOF Tracker…click on HERE.