The very first thing that entered my head used to be “peace.”
While our boat touched the seashore, I sensed it right away. It used to be within the recent air, the mild waves. Each and every 2d my feet dipped in its extensive, extensive mattress of white, white sand used to be a second of treatment. By way of midday I used to be mendacity beneath the color by way of the shore, studying a ebook and playing a pint of beer. Solar shining. Water shimmering. Wind dancing. And I used to be in the course of all of it, simply taking all of it in.
They will have to have felt it too — the filmmakers at the back of Camp Sawi, they will have to have. Once they set foot at the island whilst scouting for capturing places for his or her fictional retreat for the brokenhearted, they will have to have felt it too. Bantayan Island is healing. It’s the place you move to heal.
Working out Bantayan Island
Prior to the general public at massive got here to understand Bantayan Island as Camp Sawi, trip circles have already got it as a mystery hideaway. Tucked clear of city facilities, Bantayan Island lies off the coast of northern Cebu. The island is split into 3 municipalities: Bantayan, Madridejos, and Santa Fe. To not be at a loss for words with Daanbantayan, that is a separate municipality at the primary island of Cebu.
What was a sleepy fishing village years in the past has been playing the culmination of tourism as vacationers search for laid-again possible choices to Boracay. Bantayan has discovered its strategy to Cebu all inclusive commute programs however is still a favourite amongst backpackers for its sheer good looks and serene surroundings.
Bantayan Island’s largest asset is its white, white, white sand! It’s so white that it may give Boracay a run for its vacationer cash. It is extremely high quality however now not too nice to smudge the crystal transparent water, which, through the best way, could also be very shallow. Best for youngsters and non-swimmers (like me).
How one can Get to Bantayan Island
Bantayan Island is a part of the province of Cebu, and the very best, so much handy method to succeed in it’s by means of Cebu Town. The Mactan-Cebu Global Airport is the second one busiest and so much necessary hub within the Philippines so getting right here will have to be a stroll within the park. Right here’s how.
- Fly to Cebu. All 3 of the rustic’s best airways fly to Cebu so you could have various possible choices. Above are pattern yr-spherical fares as scanned and aggregated via Traveloka. Word, on the other hand, that the broadcast charges for Cebu Pacific and AirAsia don’t come with luggage allowance but, at the same time as reserving with Philippine Airways might routinely come up with 10kg allowance. You’ll be able to seek for extra flights at Traveloka.com.
- Take myBus to the North Bus Terminal. There’s a bus leaving the Mactan Airport each and every half-hour from 7am-11am, and each and every 20 mins from 11am-nine:30pm. Fare: P25. Out of doors those hours, you can also take a cab, Uber or Clutch. Fare is among P200-P300, relying on visitors.
- On the North Bus Terminal, board a Ceres bus sure for Hagnaya Port. Go back and forth time: round four hours. Fare: P165. You are going to additionally discover a Direct Bus (Fare: P200), which drives onto the ferry and stale to Bantayan Island. Nevertheless it’s slightly difficult. We nonetheless suggest taking the bus to Hagnaya Port after which taking the ferry by yourself.
- Board the Island Delivery or Tremendous Travel ferry sure for Santa Fe Port. First commute is at 3am, final travel five:30pm. Commute time: 1 hour. Fare: P170. An extra P10 terminal price can be amassed.
- At Santa Fe Port, practice the coated walkway to the Tourism Workplace. You’ll have to pay the Ecological Rate that is at P30.
- Take a tricycle for your hotel. Fare: P20-25. In case you have pre-organized a go back and forth carrier together with your hotel, they’re going to be choosing you up right here.
That’s approximately it! The full go back and forth time from the airport to Bantayan Island is round five.five hours, aside from the ready occasions.
The place to Keep in Bantayan Island
There are over forty inns, lodges, and guesthouses all over the island, so discovering a spot to stick will have to be simple. You’ll be able to discover a fundamental room for as little as P400 according to night time. Campers also are welcome. When you don’t have your personal tent, you’ll be able to hire one for not up to P200.
Under are 4 of the highest-rated homes on Traveloka. The primary are mid-vary lodges (round P3000), whilst the opposite are price range choices (not up to P1000 in line with night time).
Pictures above have been supplied by way of the motels by means of Traveloka.
Seek for extra: Bantayan Island Inns
Puts to Talk over with in Bantayan Island
Beneath are probably the most easiest vacationer spots within the island. Shop for Virgin Island, Hilantagaan Island, and skydiving, the whole thing can also be reached on a part-day tricycle excursion for P600-P700.
You may additionally hire a bicycle to get round Santa Fe. Charges are among P150 and P200 for twenty-four hours.
- Paradise Seashore, a secluded stretch in Santa Fe. If you wish to break out from the gang, that is the place you will have to run to. Open from 9am-5pm. Front Price: P50. There are a couple of different seashores in Santa Fe that you may want to take a look at: Alice Seashore, Sugar Seashore, and Maricaban Seashore.
- Ogtong Cave, a small cave sheltering a herbal pool situated inside of Sante Fe Seashore Membership Hotel. Emphasis on “small.” If you are expecting to swim, you’ll be disillusioned. All you’ll be able to do here’s take a dip. However the P120 front price entitles you get right of entry to to the hotel’s swimming pools.
- Kota Park in Madrilejos. Kota way “citadel,” which used to be what used to face right here prior to it used to be reworked right into a park. The citadel used to be constructed by way of the Spaniards within the 1790s however herbal forces have had its time with it.
- Kota Seashore and Sandbar, a favourite amongst seashore bums. It could get crowded right here particularly in summer time, however that is one thing you shouldn’t leave out.
- Obo-ob Mangrove Eco Park. A mangrove wooded area that you’ll be able to discover through boat, by way of kayak, or walking. Kayaks are for hire for P150, and small boats for P350. There could also be an increased boardwalk that allows you to take you round in the event you’re up for a soothing walk. Front Price: P50.
- Sts. Peter and Paul Church. Inbuilt 1580, it’s the oldest parish church in Visayas and Mindanao.
- Virgin Island and Hilantagaan Island. Bantayan can be your bounce off aspect for local islands together with Virgin Island (Silion Island), Hilantagaan Island, and Kinatarkan Island. A whole day excursion can set you again P1000, whilst a part-day excursion P700. You’ll be able to nonetheless hagglle even though. Privately-owned, Virgin Island collects a P500 front price for the primary 2 pax and P100 consistent with further head.
- Splurge choice: Pass skydiving! Bantayan Island is house to Skydive Cebu, probably the most few skydiving institutions within the Philippines. They provide tandem skydiving, which is superb if you wish to revel in the joys for the primary time. The entire process takes approximately 2 hours. It prices P18,000, that is far more than I will be able to have the funds for, LOL, and why I haven’t attempted it. However my family member has performed it. Take a look at his video beneath:
Pattern Itinerary + Finances Breakdown
Under is a pattern 3D2N itinerary. You can also use this as type on your personal itinerary, simply make the important changes. However please keep in mind of the next:
If you’ll be able to, take an early morning flight to Cebu to maximise your days. Philippine Airways (PR 2835) and Cebu Pacific Air (5J 563) have flights that might land in Cebu prior to 6am.
You’ll be able to ebook a tricycle excursion of the island right away after arrival. You’ll be able to then ask the driving force to make a snappy prevent at your hotel to test in and depart your luggage on the reception ahead of proceeding your excursion.
Remember to seek advice from Paradise Seashore sooner than 5pm and finish your day by way of gazing the sundown at any of the important thing spots like Kota Park.
Day 1: EN ROUTE, LAND TOUR
04:00 am – ETD NAIA Manila
05:15 am – ETA Arrival at Mactan Cebu Airport
05:forty five am – Cab to North Bus Terminal – P100 (P200/2pax)
06:30 am – Board bus to Hagnaya Port – P165
10:30 am – Arrival at Hagnaya Port
eleven:00 am – Seize fast brunch – P150
eleven:30 am – Board ferry to Santa Fe – P170 + P10
12:30 pm – Arrival at Bantayan Island
12:forty five pm – Stroll to Tourism Place of business. Pay P30
01:00 pm – Get started Tricycle Excursion – P350 (P700/2pax)
07:00 pm – Dinner – P200
08:30 pm – Go back to hotel
10:00 pm – Lighting fixtures out
Day 2: ISLAND HOPPING
05:30 am – Get up, daybreak viewing
06:forty five am – Breakfast, preps
08:00 am – Get started island hopping – P350 (P700/2pax)
01:00 pm – Lunch – P150
02:30 pm – Again on the hotel, sit back
04:30 pm – Kota Seashore, sundown
07:00 pm – Dinner – P200
09:00 pm – Relax, lighting fixtures out
Day three: BACK TO CEBU CITY
05:30 am – Get up, take a look at
07:00 am – Board ferry again to Hagnaya Port – P170 + P10
08:00 am – Arrival at Hagnaya
08:30 am – Take hold of snacks – P100
09:00 am – Board bus to Cebu Town – P165
01:00 pm – Arrival in Cebu Town
The above itinerary will set you again P3500 for those who keep in a fundamental fan room at Ritzy (Althea White Seashore) or P5600 in the event you keep at Anika Seashore Hotel. Estimates don’t come with airfare but. You’ll be able to additional scale back the fee via spending much less on meals. We allotted P150-P200 in keeping with meal right here.
You might have a couple of choices for Day three. Because you’re again in Cebu Town, you can also seek advice from a few of its so much iconic historical past web sites just like the Magellan’s Pass, Castle San Pedro, and the Cebu Taoist Temple. You may additionally spend the afternoon digging in to Lechon de Cebu and purchase pasalubong at a grocery store afterwards. Value of those isn’t thought to be within the estimates above.
When you have extra days, you may additionally seek advice from Malapascua Island, which is definitely available from Bantayan. (Or do it the opposite direction round like we did.) We’ll make a pattern Malapascua-Bantayan itinerary quickly too, so bookmark this web page for long run reference.